Mutual activity nights

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
David Clark-p40

Mutual activity nights

Post by David Clark-p40 »

In my stake we have wards changing Mutual activity nights in July, September and January. Are there some instructions about when the wards should be changing activity nights? I looked in the Handbook of Instructions but didn't find the answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David Clark
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[quote="David Clark"]In my stake we have wards changing Mutual activity nights in July, September and January. Are there some instructions about when the wards should be changing activity nights? I looked in the Handbook of Instructions but didn't find the answer.[/quote]

I'm quite sure you couldn't find an answer in the Handbook of Instructions because there is no specific answer. This is purely a local decision among the bishops in the building, with perhaps approval from the stake president if he chooses to be involved.

In my current stake, wards never change Mutual activity nights. We have found that it is helpful to keep the same night so that members of a ward can depend on a certain night being reserved for Mutual, freeing up other nights for other activities. I've heard of other stakes that change annually.

But as I said, this is a decision to be made by local priesthood leaders as they see will best meet the needs of the members in your area.

Return to “General Discussions”