stake single adult adviser

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brofisher

stake single adult adviser

Post by brofisher »

I am looking for any information about this calling. Haven't found any.
Could anyone help with this, direct me to written info or explain what the adviser is and does?

Thanks so much
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: stake single adult adviser

Post by lajackson »

brofisher wrote:I am looking for any information about this calling. Haven't found any.
Could anyone help with this, direct me to written info or explain what the adviser is and does?
According to the latest Handbook 2, chapter 16.1, this position no longer exists. In 16.1.2, the Stake Single Adult Committee, if organized by the stake, may include several single adults, but there is no longer any mention of a single adult advisor.

The stake president does assign a counselor to oversee the work with Single Adults in the stake, and a high councilor may be assigned to assist. That would be the closest thing there is to an "advisor" now.

The Stake Young Single Adult Committee does include "a couple called to serve as young single adult advisers", along with YSA representatives from each ward. (16.3.2)

The Single Adult organization is decidedly different from the Young Single Adult organization.
brofisher

Post by brofisher »

yes thank you very much
leevb

Post by leevb »

This true the revision to the church handbook changed things There use to be SA Reps at Ward/Branch level and Stake SA Chair and a Stake SA Vice Chair who would assign people to help on SA projects like conventions, Those callings were deleted (although they still remain for YSA) and ti was replaced with Bishops/Branch Presidents and Stake Presidents setting up SA Committees to suit the needs of their SA members at ward/branch and stake level, some wards/branches and stake have robust committees then you get stakes like mine which don't have one, but I have been making noises.

In the UK we hold a UK & Ireland SA Conference in August each year in Manchester. The Europe Area Presidents Assigns the Manchester Stake to put on the event and then they call the UK & Ireland SA Chair to take on the assignment. The assignment ends once the conference is over but the some person gets reassign for the next one. She has a committee under her and also has a high council man in Manchester Stake overseeing the conference, This calling is different to the SA committee that is for the Manchester Stake as they only deal with activities in the Manchester Stake, where this assign position is for the whole UK and Ireland.

Return to “General Discussions”