Lost Display Case Key

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zaneclark

Lost Display Case Key

Postby zaneclark » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:04 am

I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me with this.... I have been asked to post photos of the missionaries from our stake in a glass display case outside the stake offices. I have the photos ready, but the stake PFR has been telling me for several weeks now that he cannot find a key to the case and doesn't know where to get one.... Can anyone think of a solution to this? Maybe you have had the same problem? I know this isn't the usual tech question, but I have been helped so many times in the past in this forum that I am hoping you can come through again....

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Lost Display Case Key

Postby aebrown » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:49 am

The next step would be for the PFR to work with the FM Group to either get a key (if they have a copy) or to have a locksmith replace the lock on the case. Since the display case is part of the building, it is ultimately the FM Group's responsibility to fix the problem.

lmcguire

Re: Lost Display Case Key

Postby lmcguire » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:21 pm

In the absence of a lock smith (or twelve years waiting for bureaucracy to get you one), as long as the key hole isn't circular (like on bike locks), a hair pin broken in half - or hair pin and paper clip - plus a video or two on YouTube will show you how to pick it. Locks like that generally aren't hard... :)

Return to “General Discussions”