Ancestry Logout Problem

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Techgy wrote:Has anyone experienced any issues with Ancestry.com?
Interesting, I've just seen a report by a FHC that they're having problems with patrons not being able to properly log out of Heritage Quest. (This FHC is too small to get the church's subscription.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:Interesting, I've just seen a report by a FHC that they're having problems with patrons not being able to properly log out of Heritage Quest. (This FHC is too small to get the church's subscription.)
In Ancestry when a patron tries to LOGOUT the http://myfamilyancestry.112.2o7.net/ reference is the last item in the list. At this point the patron is already logged out, but the browser is hung up with a blank screen, so you don't know if you're out or not. It's been quite annoying.

I'm wondering if I can put a block of my own in place for this site at the browser level so that the browser will ignore this site? Just a wild idea. I've sent an Email to support in the hope that they can do some work on this. I may do some experimentation of my own this weekend.

I haven't had any reports of problems with Heritage Quest, but most of our stake efforts are towards training on nFS.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

techgy wrote:In Ancestry when a patron tries to LOGOUT the http://myfamilyancestry.112.2o7.net/ reference is the last item in the list. At this point the patron is already logged out, but the browser is hung up with a blank screen, so you don't know if you're out or not.

I haven't had any reports of problems with Heritage Quest, but most of our stake efforts are towards training on nFS.
It appears that the above URL is no longer being used. However, the problem had reappeared. The solution for the recent occurrence was a change in a setting on the ASA5505 scripting. One of the settings controls the length of the URL that's permitted through the ASA. For some reason this setting is enabled which cuts short the URL used for logout on Ancestry.

Contact the GSD (global service desk) and have them disable this setting and you solve your problem.

Edit: You can refer to ticket #1386202 for the details in getting this corrected. I've already had this procedure done on 3 ASA's and it worked perfectly.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “General Discussions”