OS platform and products

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
marianomarini

Re: OS platform and products

Post by marianomarini »

Maybe in USA are deductible all donations but in Italy, at least. We can deduce only Tithing with a maximum amount of 2 thousands €uro.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

marianomarini wrote:Maybe in USA are deductible all donations but in Italy, at least. We can deduce only Tithing with a maximum amount of 2 thousands €uro.
Moderator note: I can understand curiosity about a previous poster's comment about tax deductions in the US, but continuing a discussion about tax deduction of contributions is a topic for another thread. The topic of this thread should stay related to the OP topic of operating systems and products. If anyone desires to pursue this tax deduction topic, please, start another thread and link to the post in this thread that prompted the new topic.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
alexik

Post by alexik »

mfmohlma wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:I don't think there's a compelling reason yet to switch to something else when iPads have been proving successful.
I can think of one: the $381 price tag that each missionary must come up with to buy one for their mission. (And yes, we as ward clerks seem to have to be the bearer of that bad news...) There are tons of more capable Android tablets out there for much less, but I digress...
Cost is a big consideration when there's other equally capable or better products our there. If the Church better supported development for other platforms (Android and Windows) it would provide a gateway toward beneficial long terms investments. One of which could be allowing missionaries to purchase an alternative product that is more cost-effective.

Return to “General Discussions”