LDS Statement of Faith/beliefs?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
gregwanderson

Re: LDS Statement of Faith/beliefs?

Post by gregwanderson »

Composer2005 wrote:BTW: Most Cults claim persecution somewhere along the line, the j.w's spring to mind, so you are not unique in your assertion!!
Do you realize how offensive it is to the Latter-day Saints to refer to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a cult? This is exactly what I meant when I said that there can be some resistance when the "examination" has a tone of conflict. As others have stated, however, this is not the place for this type of discussion, so I will politely withdraw. The discussion you seem to seek is readily available elsewhere and you have the links.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That would be a good question for the folks at Mormon.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Composer2005

Post by Composer2005 »

I went to Mormon.org - chat with a representative, only to get a page that leads nowhere?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I get a screen asking for name and email. It also says you can call 1-888-537-6600.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Plenty of people here you can play with composer2005.... http://www.mormondialogue.org/
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

FWIW, the "Chat" page loads blank for me too, in both Firefox and MS IE 11. I submitted their feedback form telling them that I couldn't get the page to show content (so no one else needs to). The auto-response to that was that they were experiencing high volume, so maybe they don't have (enough) reps available - in which case, I suggested they say that on the page rather than leaving it blank.

Just FYI.

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lmcguire wrote:FWIW, the "Chat" page loads blank for me too, in both Firefox and MS IE 11.
Did you get the screen asking for name/email or did that come later?

lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

russellhltn wrote:
lmcguire wrote:FWIW, the "Chat" page loads blank for me too, in both Firefox and MS IE 11.
Did you get the screen asking for name/email or did that come later?
I got the header, the footer, and between them a white page with only a little blue bar to the left with three vertical icons (chat, a person, a book). Those icons turned the mouse into a pointer, but clicking on them did nothing. Links in the header and footer worked like on every other page. Nothing else showed in the central / white part of the screen (no name or email prompts).

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's odd. I can get to the initial "Chat with a Mormon Online" page each time with no problems. Both Chrome and IE11. Even in Incognito mode and InPrivate browsing. The fields are the last thing to populate on the screen. I'm not sure what technology might be in use there. I know it's not flash since I have it disabled.

eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:That's odd. I can get to the initial "Chat with a Mormon Online" page each time with no problems. Both Chrome and IE11. Even in Incognito mode and InPrivate browsing. The fields are the last thing to populate on the screen. I'm not sure what technology might be in use there. I know it's not flash since I have it disabled.
Very odd. I get the (mostly) blank page on Firefox, Chrome and IE9. They all get a javascript error where the function chatUrl() is undefined. I can't find a definition for that symbol anywhere in the javascript or html files referenced by that page. It doesn't look like an error that depends on the browser.

I wonder if there is a bad script file on some servers in the content delivery network so that some people get the correct file(s) and some a bad file(s).

Return to “General Discussions”