Address to send a letter to the Prophet

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
leevb

Re: Address to send a letter to the Prophet

Post by leevb »

I have been trying to find out.

It ways on the church website to contact your local leadership, well that is ineffective. On our directory our all our Bishopric and Stake Presidency are invisible so you do not have their contact details to contact. I live in the European Union and we have different privacy land laws to the States. In the States members are set up on the directories as visible by default, it is up to the member to make themselves invisible. In the European Union we are set up as invisible by default, it is up to members to make themselves visible, the reality is that in the European Union most members do not know that they have to do this so more often than not they don't make themselves visible. Due to the laws in the European Union we cannot make church leaders be visible.

I had a problem with Single Adults, a programme for singles that are aged 31 and over, we are only getting activities that are for single adults 31 to 45. Wrote a letter to the Stake President, twice now, no reply, I want to contact region you cannot.

I am really feeling like going inactive over this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

leevb wrote:Due to the laws in the European Union we cannot make church leaders be visible.
As you point out, that's a "law of the land" situation. That's pretty much outside of the church's control. Even in the US with the more lax privacy laws, there's no listing for anyone above the stake presidency that's accessible to the general membership.

I believe it was mentioned above, you can always write to the church office building, but odds are it will simply be refereed back down to the local (stake/ward) leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As this thread has attracted a number of unapproved posts, and the situation for contacting leaders above the stake level is unlikely to change to anyone's satisfaction, this thread is being locked.

As a reminder, this forum is for help with technical aspects of the church and some assistance with specific callings. It's not a place to advocate for change as this forum is user-to-user with no decision makers present.

The official guidance on the subject of contacting the Prophet is found in Handbook 2: 21.1.24 Members’ Communication with Church Headquarters
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”