Recording or broadcast Elders Quorum Meeting

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
bgant

Recording or broadcast Elders Quorum Meeting

Post by bgant »

I know that recording or broadcasting meetings in chapel is not permitted. The question came up in PEC this morning from our Elders Quorum President if he could either record or stream his quorum meeting? He has one young brother that is a paraplegic and is in a nursing home. Is this permissible?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Recording or broadcast Elders Quorum Meeting

Post by Mikerowaved »

While we can offer opinion, your stake president is the right person to give you the proper council.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Recording or broadcast Elders Quorum Meeting

Post by russellhltn »

The Meetinghouse Technology Policy, Webcast: 8.2 Appropriate Use: See Handbook 2: Administering the Church, 18.3.1 and 21.2.10. 18.3.1 is a section of Stake Conference. 21.2.10 is the prohibition against recording/broadcasting from the chapel already noted.

Edit: Webcast Policies and Guidelines:
Webcasts should not be used to broadcast ordinances such as baptisms or the administration of the sacrament.

"Meetinghouse webcasts are intended to be used to broadcast events from one Church building to other Church buildings. Webcasting to locations other than Church buildings should only be done under the direction of the event's presiding authority.
I don't know as webcasting was intended for anything other than stake conference. It does appear to be a stake function. And as a practical matter, I don't know as it would work reliably when the general membership has access to WiFi.

Recording is a different matter. I'm not sure of any guidelines, but I'd wonder if it wouldn't inhibit some classroom discussion. But your stake president would be the one to talk to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”