Stake Website

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jmmontero

Stake Website

Post by jmmontero »

Hi, I'm the 1st Couns. of the Boynton Beach Florida stake.
I want to create a stake website by abiding to the Section 21.1.22 in Handbook 2.
I'm thinking of a domain name such as boyntonbeachfloridastake.org.
It will have a disclaimer that the website is not an official church website, with any church logos, etc.

Thanks, for the information. I want to comply with all church policies.
Jose Montero
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Website

Post by aebrown »

jmmontero wrote:I want to create a stake website by abiding to the Section 21.1.22 in Handbook 2.
I'm thinking of a domain name such as boyntonbeachfloridastake.org.
It will have a disclaimer that the website is not an official church website, with any church logos, etc.
Handbook 2, Section 21.1.22 links to internet.lds.org, which specifically states (in guideline #8) "The website, blog, or social media profile should not simply be the name of a Church unit or individual" so your proposed domain name would not be appropriate.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake Website

Post by russellhltn »

The links cited above contains the information you need to know. I'm not sure what you're looking for, since that's not something LDSTech does.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”