New Handbook Coming?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
silus99

New Handbook Coming?

Postby silus99 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:48 pm

I noticed that the Church had been issuing new policy handbooks about every four years, but last year we did not get a new one. I always look forward to the handbooks coming out as they often clarify the last manual and provide updated guidance for current issues. Just wondering?

sbradshaw

Re: New Handbook Coming?

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:52 pm

I haven't heard anything about a new handbook, but they have made some changes to the current handbook. Because it is published and accessed online, it is easy to make changes when needed, instead of publishing a whole new book.

I'm interested to know if anyone has ordered a physical copy of the handbook recently – are the changes that are made online reflected in the newest print editions?

Some examples of changes off the top of my head since 2010: policies relating to "mid-singles", and policies for internet use.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:28 pm

sbradshaw wrote:Some examples of changes off the top of my head since 2010: policies relating to "mid-singles"....

Moderator note: A tangential discussion was split off into the topic "Mid-singles".

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:34 pm

silus99 wrote:I noticed that the Church had been issuing new policy handbooks about every four years, but last year we did not get a new one.

Just because the last two handbook publishing dates happened to be about 4 years apart (2006 and 2010), I see no evidence that this established a trend. After all, the previous handbook publishing date was 1998 (8 years before 2006). I don't think you'll have much success in trying to outguess future publication dates.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:39 pm

aebrown wrote:
silus99 wrote:I noticed that the Church had been issuing new policy handbooks about every four years, but last year we did not get a new one.

Just because the last two handbook publishing dates happened to be about 4 years apart (2006 and 2010), I see no evidence that this established a trend. After all, the previous handbook publishing date was 1998 (8 years before 2006). I don't think you'll have much success in trying to outguess future publication dates.

8 years to 2006, then 4 years to 2010 – I would've expected a handbook in 2012! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “General Discussions”