WardPlan (New software) and data privacy

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: WardPlan (New software) and data privacy

Post by russellhltn »

jirp wrote:First off you can still export from MLS. I just did it last night so I know it was working as of last night.
I was a bit off on the timing. From the Release Notes it suggests that it will be rolled out on the 15th - this week. Certainly not a good idea to plan on the export being available.

jirp wrote:If they follow the policy to the letter the ward records will be in terrible shape. If every death, marriage, divorce and any other name change requires the bishop to see the legal document that made it happen then the 3/4 of the ward that is inactive will have their records complete behind the times.
I'm unaware of a requirement to see the legal document. Handbook 1: 13.6.22 says "if" and "may". My personal interpretation is that as long as the bishop is satisfied that it's legitimate, then it can be done. But if he's suspicious, he's within church protocol to ask for legal documentation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jirp wrote:For example say you have 30 people in the ward who are inactive and want no contact from the church but who are married but the records lists them as single. You have spouse's names because someone attending WC knows them. What do you do with these records?(rhetorical question)
I believe it's possible to mark a person as married without specifying the spouse's name. Is that correct?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:I believe it's possible to mark a person as married without specifying the spouse's name. Is that correct?
No, you have to put something. Mrs. Smith, Mr. Jones. Something.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A long time ago you needed the spouse's birthdate - something that didn't make me very happy. But I don't think that's required anymore.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jirp

Post by jirp »

I have not needed it under LCR so I haven't needed to go looking for a work around, but the work around to enter a marriage with minimal information in MLS was to avoid the marriage screen altogether and edit the individual's spouse information. Done there you can get away without all the other stuff that MLS wanted to make a marriage record. Full name and something else.(don't remember what) was all that was required to go around the marriage screen. The catch was that MLS will complain about missing information every time you run the membership audit report. And since there is no proper way to fix it for now when the question is asked when it will be fixed by on the end of the audit I simply answer "unknown". As for full name since maiden name may not be known there are a couple of "Unknown" maiden names in the records. I don't like this answer for for now it is the best that can be managed.

Return to “General Discussions”