File Attachment Limit for myldsmail.net

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mrsmithers

File Attachment Limit for myldsmail.net

Post by mrsmithers »

Is there a size limit to attachments that can be received in a myldsmail.net account? I'm trying to send my daughter a video and it keeps getting kicked back. Is it because of a size limit or is there a restriction on the type of file (I.e. jpeg only or no mp4 or exe files)?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: File Attachment Limit for myldsmail.net

Post by russellhltn »

I believe that myldsmail is really GMail, which has a 25MB limit. However many email systems have a 5-10MB limit.

A video is probably well above the size that any email will accept. You'll probably have to upload it somewhere and send a link.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrsmithers

Post by mrsmithers »

I have it down to 19MB and it uploads to Yahoo just fine and seems to send, but then I get an undeliverable reply because the message is too big.

I'll try to cut it in half and send it in 2 emails or try your suggestion of uploading to a different site.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

When a file is attached to an email message, it is typically base64 encoded, which increases the file size by about 33%. A 19 MB file expands to just over 25 MB when encoded.

Return to “General Discussions”