Ward web sites

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Is there any hope that anytime soon an Admin can fix or stop e-mail bounces without deactivating the member account? Since I hesitate to deactivate the account, I just don't use the e-mail function.
I think they are putting the effort to the next version of LUWS rather then fixing the current version.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

If you are the Stake Administrator then make a list of the bounced Email accounts, contact the Ward Admins and get them involved in working with the members to update their accounts. I'm using that approach and it works reasonably well.

After a couple of weeks if you are still having problems with bounced Email then disable the account. This action generally gets the attention of the member who take more care in maintaining their profile.

An administrator CAN update an account but I would contact the member before doing so. You would need to contact the member and obtain the members membership number and confirmation date, then from the "Registered Users" list obtain their user name after which you could logon to their account with that information, update the account, then contact them and provide a new password so they can access their account. However, they can also do this, so it doesn't gain you much doing it for them, except the knowledge that you know that it's been done.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

BRP wrote:Thanks for the replies. I have looked into using the LUWS system and feel it could perform the same function but has much better security. If we could get members to use it more I think they would like the features..
Personally, I would suggest the LUWS system instead of an outside one. Besides supporting the ability to send Email to your ward membership, it also provides them with access to a ward directory, ward/stake calendar and news items. In addition, as mentioned, the security would be much better.

Just an opinion.

Return to “General Discussions”