Changing associated google account (for tech projects)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
toonetown

Changing associated google account (for tech projects)

Postby toonetown » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:44 pm

When I click on "Subscribe" for a mailing list for a project (i.e. the Gospel Library for iOS Announcements list), it always gets associated with a google account that I do not use...even though I am not logged in to that account in my browser. I *think* it's because it is using the account that is associated with my email address (which is my *real* email address) - but I'd actually like to use a different google account for my mailing list memberships.

Is there a way to change which account is used when subscribing for these lists?

toonetown

Re: Changing associated google account (for tech projects)

Postby toonetown » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:59 pm

I believe that I have figured it out - but it involves changing my listed email address (within my tech.lds.org profile) to the gmail account that I want to use for mailing lists. This is *not* the email address I would like to have listed on tech.lds.org, however (and changing my address back after re-subscribing to the groups I would like to subscribe to actually changes all the subscriptions as well).

sbradshaw

Re: Changing associated google account (for tech projects)

Postby sbradshaw » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:13 pm

As someone who's worked on the administration side of an LDSTech project, I would really like to figure out how people can control their email addresses better... We get a lot of questions about that. It should be simpler, or documented somewhere at least.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “General Discussions”