Presenting duty to god certificate: deacon, teacher and prie

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Ipiu2

Presenting duty to god certificate: deacon, teacher and prie

Post by Ipiu2 »

What meetings can the DTG certificates be presented?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Presenting duty to god certificate: deacon, teacher and

Post by aebrown »

Ipiu2 wrote:What meetings can the DTG certificates be presented?
The Duty to God instructions simply say: "The certificates are awarded under the direction of the bishop." So he could decide whether that is done in sacrament meeting, in priesthood meeting, in the quorum meeting, or some other way.
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

Thanks a bunch!
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I present it when they are presented in Sacrament meeting to move from deacon-teacher or teacher-priest. If they don't have it done on their birthday and get it done at a different time, I present it in Priesthood opening exercises.
Yeah a deacon should get it while he is a deacon, but if he is a couple of months late, I still give it to them.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Also, don't forget about the On My Honor Award, the LDS religious award for scouting. For the youth, there are only two requirements - (1) complete the requirements for the Duty to God certificate for deacons (or for another Duty to God certificate) and (2) achieve the Scout rank of Star in the United States, or equivalent Scouting award in other countries.

Return to “General Discussions”