How to make an EZReader ebook for Handheld PC Pro Device

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

meffordm wrote:Tom,

I'd like to update EZ Reader. Would you open source your code for that?

Michael.
Sure, contact me privately and I'll provide access.

Tom
u224457-p40

Tom!

Post by u224457-p40 »

Thanks Tom for your ez reader program. I have many books and literature I created in the ez reader format that I got from lds.org, however, I no longer have the ez reader software from lds. org. Is the program still available? If not is there a way to covert my ez reader palm files to the ereader format?

Regards,
db
jdraket

Post by jdraket »

u224457 wrote:Thanks Tom for your ez reader program. I have many books and literature I created in the ez reader format that I got from lds.org, however, I no longer have the ez reader software from lds. org. Is the program still available? If not is there a way to covert my ez reader palm files to the ereader format?

Regards,
db
Are you interested in the Palm OS .prc installer for the EZ Reader? If so, contact me privately and I can email this to you.
Gutknecht

EZReader Converter

Post by Gutknecht »

I would love to see an EZ Reader converter, I used it on my old PDAs and phones, but recently got an IPhone for Christmas. I used it for the scriptures but also have some gospel library books in the format that I have not completed reading. I hope someone is able to come up with a converter. I am a computer scientist, but haven't done a great deal of programming lately and don't have a great deal of free time, but If I could assist in the development, I woud love to help. Rick
jcarroll-p40

Book of Mormon Class Member Study Guide for EZ Reader

Post by jcarroll-p40 »

EZ Reader fans,

Those before me said they would like to convert LDS material from the EZ Reader format to other formats (including eReader). What success have you had so far?

I use the EZ Reader because I have an old Palm device, and because it is the only handheld scripture application with hyperlink footnotes to the Topical Guide and other LDS resources. If you are aware of another for Palm OS 5.2, please let me know.

Thankfully, the Church still distributes the publications made available in the EZ Reader Archive. Today I went to get the Book of Mormon Class Member Study Guide; I was surprised to find it missing from the list. A quick web search landed me on this thread. Is anyone aware of where I can find this valuable resource?

Thank you,

James Carroll
kathiekchristensen

Converting EZreader books to other formats

Post by kathiekchristensen »

Hi, Tom.
I have several books in the EZreader format and would love to be able to convert them for use on an ebook reader. The guy who wrote the code for PDB file conversion with Calibre says he would be willing to attempt adding this format to Calibre if "the format is documented." (See this thread: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showth ... post909859) Can you make this possible?

Return to “General Discussions”