Missionary Dinner Calendar

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
davesudweeks

Re: Missionary Dinner Calendar

Post by davesudweeks »

klricks wrote:Just a FYI
The Missionaries in our area are no longer allowed to have scheduled dinners with members as it is prime time proselyting / teaching time.
We have seen similar changes before in the various areas we have lived in in different parts of the country. It is Mission President specific, I believe, as I have seen the restriction come with one mission president and then go away with the next mission president.
jds580s

Post by jds580s »

sdille wrote:I've used this tool on and off over the past couple of years. I think that it is great!

I have run into a bit of a problem. Back in 2017, as the new WML for my ward, I created a new calendar, titled, "Kelly Canyon Ward". I used the tool successfully until I was released and received a new calling. I gave the login and password information to the new WML and then forgot about it. That new WML didn't end up using the tool and didn't keep track of the login and password information. A member who remembered me using the tool has recently been called to assist the missionaries in our ward with dinners and has reached out to me because he would like to use the tool once again.

I've verified that the Kelly Canyon Ward calendar still exists, but I cannot remember the login and password information and there is not an option to reset the password or login name. Any idea on how to recover administrative rights to the calendar at this point?

Respectfully,
Shane Dille
sdilleLDS@gmail.com
Shane, I just sent you an email to get this resolved for your ward. Thanks for using the dinner calendar!
Try these free tools:
MissionaryDinnerCalendar.com - Online calendar for members to sign up and feed the missionaries in your ward.
CallingManager.com - Tool to visualize and manage callings in a ward
LynnPasko

Post by LynnPasko »

How can I recover the admin user name and password for our ward missionary meal calendar? I created the calendar for "Scattercreek Ward" in Centralia Stake, and didn't get the user name and password recorded before a family computer oops! happened. Now I cannot seem to get logged in no matter what I try.

Thank you for helping,
Lynn
l.pasko@hotmail.com
jds580s

Post by jds580s »

LynnPasko wrote:How can I recover the admin user name and password for our ward missionary meal calendar? I created the calendar for "Scattercreek Ward" in Centralia Stake, and didn't get the user name and password recorded before a family computer oops! happened. Now I cannot seem to get logged in no matter what I try.

Thank you for helping,
Lynn
Lynn,
I just sent you an email with instructions on how to regain access to your account. If you have any other problems or questions just let me know. Thanks!
Try these free tools:
MissionaryDinnerCalendar.com - Online calendar for members to sign up and feed the missionaries in your ward.
mwevans

Post by mwevans »

Starting the trial run this week by passing around a small tablet (previously was a paper calendar in a binder) and putting it into the weekly auxiliary newsletters/bulletins. Fingers crossed for success!
stuimalo

Post by stuimalo »

Hi there,

How can I recover the admin user name and password for our ward missionary meal calendar?
My husband and I are the new WML in our ward, and I’ve been trying to find something simpler to set up and user friendly to our ward members. And I've tried searching for a couple day's now and I’ve found you and I thought I give it a try. I registered and put in our ward name, stake, email and so forth. The calendar popped up and I clicked on admin to make some changes on dates because our ward only feeds the missionary from the 16th to the end of the month. It asked me for a user and password which I don’t remember setting up. Please help.

My ward name is "Founders Park Ward" Queen Creek Arizona Central Stake

Thank you,
Sam T.
jds580s

Post by jds580s »

Sam,

I replied via email to help get you into your account.
Thanks for giving the calendar a try!
Try these free tools:
mwevans

Post by mwevans »

@jds580s

Is there any way that our WML (or whomever is doing the meal coordination) can be notified when someone signs up during the week? The missionaries can't access the site with their web restrictions and sometimes there are ward members that sign up on Tuesday (for example) for a dinner that is open on Thursday, two days later. Unless the meal coordinator is checking daily, the missionaries are never aware of the change and go without a meal- since they are sent a copy of the printed calendar Sunday night - and the member who has signed up ends up with a big meal that doesn't have a couple of hungry missionaries to help eat. Any advice for that problem?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
jds580s

Post by jds580s »

mwevans wrote:@jds580s

Is there any way that our WML (or whomever is doing the meal coordination) can be notified when someone signs up during the week? The missionaries can't access the site with their web restrictions and sometimes there are ward members that sign up on Tuesday (for example) for a dinner that is open on Thursday, two days later. Unless the meal coordinator is checking daily, the missionaries are never aware of the change and go without a meal- since they are sent a copy of the printed calendar Sunday night - and the member who has signed up ends up with a big meal that doesn't have a couple of hungry missionaries to help eat. Any advice for that problem?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Mike,
You are not alone, that is a feature request that I have been working on for the next version. For the time being I suggest using the "Notes" section to add a reminder for members that short notice appointments made for the current week should be handled directly with the missionaries or by calling the WML.

Thanks!
Try these free tools:
RockyGrimes

Post by RockyGrimes »

Is there a way to reset the password, the set-up password is not working. Thanks
Bishop Grimes

Return to “General Discussions”