Digital Tracking of Progress on Ward Goal?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
chogan

Digital Tracking of Progress on Ward Goal?

Post by chogan »

Our ward has set an inspired goal of 5000 missionary "experiences" (broadly defined) for this year! We are interested in departing from the typical poster/chart and creating a centralized and potentially digital method where everyone can record an experience (simply adding 1 to the existing tally, or perhaps adding notes/details if desired) and allowing all of us to see combined progress (ex. 4001 of 5000...999 more to go!). Ideally this can be done from both mobile and web.

Any thoughts on existing applications or otherwise?
chris.parton

Re: Digital Tracking of Progress on Ward Goal?

Post by chris.parton »

Thats an awesome goal of 5000 missionaory experiences!!!

You could look into using wordpress, so members can blog about their experiences, share photos and videos about the experiences. I'm not to sure how you would go about tracking the goals... maybe there is a count widget or code to display how many posts (experiences) there have been.

I just did a quick search for goal pluging tracking for wordpress.. One called ProgPress might be what you are looking for??? I didn't look into how it works.

It would be great if you could keep us posted on your wards goal and she how technology helped achieve tracking it.

Return to “General Discussions”