Missionaries playing sport

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dsgunn130908

Missionaries playing sport

Post by dsgunn130908 »

Hi all

Can anyone tell me where it talks about missionaries playing sport not on a P day or morning exercise and if it's allowed

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Missionaries playing sport

Post by aebrown »

dsgunn130908 wrote:Can anyone tell me where it talks about missionaries playing sport not on a P day or morning exercise and if it's allowed
If there were such a policy, it would most likely be in the Missionary Handbook. But all I can find is that the only mention of sports is in the Preparation Day section. Does the fact that sports are not mentioned elsewhere mean it's prohibited? I'd leave that interpretation up to the mission president.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Does the fact that sports are not mentioned elsewhere mean it's prohibited? I'd leave that interpretation up to the mission president.
There are signs of significant shift in the way missionaries proselyte. Tracting isn't working as well as it used to. It could be the mission is trying some different things. The real question is if the Mission President is aware of what's going on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, it will depend on any mission-specific policies set by the mission president. In my mission we were only allowed to play sports on P-day, unless we got specific permission. In other missions, playing sports is an encouraged activity with the goal of finding people to teach.

Return to “General Discussions”