Old lds infobase library conversion program for OSX?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mikengray-p40

Old lds infobase library conversion program for OSX?

Postby mikengray-p40 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 am

Hi all,
I have an old LDS infobase program that only works on my Mac OS 9. It has hundreds of LDS documents and books I've used many times in the past to research topics. My question is if anyone knows of a product (preferably shareware) that will convert old infobases into something useable/searchable under todays standards and will work on OS X? I have delayed upgrading one of my systems so I can still get access to my infobases.
I know there is an online subscription-based service that does the same thing, but I can't see purchasing a subscription to books/materials I already own.
Any ideas?

-Mike

rwells1938

Postby rwells1938 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:38 am

mikengray-p40 wrote:Hi all,
I have an old LDS infobase program that only works on my Mac OS 9. It has hundreds of LDS documents and books I've used many times in the past to research topics. My question is if anyone knows of a product (preferably shareware) that will convert old infobases into something useable/searchable under todays standards and will work on OS X? I have delayed upgrading one of my systems so I can still get access to my infobases.
I know there is an online subscription-based service that does the same thing, but I can't see purchasing a subscription to books/materials I already own.
Any ideas?

-Mike

This is a pretty old post but I have a copy of LDS Collectors Library 97 that I would like to use on an iPad. Any suggestions?

Thanks
roger

JamesAnderson

Postby JamesAnderson » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:32 am

That product used Folio Views and related software from the same party. Folio Views was also widely used by the Church as well, mainly for genealogy and family history products in the late-1990s, although they used something different from another vendor for the Pedigree Resource File, everything from just before that was using that software.

Return to “General Discussions”