myldsmail.net not delivering

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kreeve

myldsmail.net not delivering

Post by kreeve »

I replied to a message my son sent me yesterday through his missionary email account. Today I received this email from the MAILER-DAEMON@ldschurch.org. Since it came from the churches mailer-daemon and not mine, something in the internal email system there is not working?. My sons email is correct, and again I simply hit reply. Not sure what is up and if those techs on myldsmail.net are aware there is an issue?

Here is the message I received from the MAILER-DAEMON@ldschurch.org
** THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **

The original message was received at Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:29:25 -0600
from mail7.gmhwh.org [216.49.179.97]

----- Transcript of session follows -----
<nathan.reeve@myldsmail.net>... Deferred
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old
crees

Re: myldsmail.net not delivering

Post by crees »

Same problem Here

Delivery is delayed to these recipients or groups:

*********@myldsmail.net

Subject: RE: 9-27-13

This message hasn't been delivered yet. Delivery will continue to be attempted.
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

crees wrote:Same problem Here
Thanks for the validation. Based on the message I received I figured I was not alone. :cool:
Regards,

Kevin
laly6

Post by laly6 »

We are so frustrated!! We send pictures and online Christmas card to our son and other missionaries in the mission field and myldsmail.net says the following:
This is sent through Yahoo:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<mattias.malzl@myldsmail.net>:
216.49.178.90 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 552 5.9.0 Message Size Violation - Exceeded Maximum Allowed Size; Your size: 26215940

And this is sent through gmail:

Mail Delivery Subsystem <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>
10:58 PM (5 hours ago)

to me
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Mattias.Malzl@myldsmail.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain myldsmail.net by smtp.gmhwh.org. [216.49.178.90].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 5.9.0 Message Size Violation - Exceeded Maximum Allowed Size; Your size: 26215529

I cannot even sent the letter separated, I tried many different ways!
kreeve

Post by kreeve »

From what I can tell from the error message from google, it looks like you are trying to send too large of files that exceed what is allowed. I am guessing that the total file size for the pictures you are sending exceed the allowed amount. A couple of things you could try. Resize the images in a photo program. Resizing them down in physical pixel size will also reduce their file size, or put the photos on a photo sharing site and share the link. Or try sending just one picture. I do not work for the church, so I do not have knowledge of what the allowable file size limit is for myldsmail.net.

These are just suggestions based on my experience with getting similar errors on other email systems.

Merry Christmas. I have a missionary going out in a month, and two others that have returned.
Kevin
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Follow the suggestion kreeve made. Shrink the pictures. It is possible that even one may be too large if it is a high definition photo. If you do not know how to do it, there will be several folks in your ward who will know how.

From the non-delivery messages you are receiving, you are trying to send an email larger than 26 meg. I do not know of any commonly used email services that will allow a message that size.

I am certain your message itself is not the problem. It is most certainly the picture(s) you are trying to attach.

If you are trying to send text only, and you are receiving a returned file size message, then there may be a problem with the server.
melepoulivaati95

Post by melepoulivaati95 »

This is a sister missionary, i am not receiving any email at all, i dont know what is wrong. I got one of the sisters to send me an email and it is not working? HELP!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

melepoulivaati95 wrote:This is a sister missionary, i am not receiving any email at all, i dont know what is wrong. I got one of the sisters to send me an email and it is not working? HELP!
Try emailing the mission office, or calling them to let them know of the problem. Sometimes email systems become slow and myldsmail is certainly not exempt from that trouble from time to time.

This is a technical discussion forum. We can discuss problems and provide suggestions based on experience. But we cannot fix any of them. Your district/zone leader or mission office will be the best place to start, I think.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

melepoulivaati95 wrote:This is a sister missionary, i am not receiving any email at all, i dont know what is wrong. I got one of the sisters to send me an email and it is not working? HELP!
wow! Stressful!
As lajackson said, work with your mission home who might need to work with the missionary department. I can imagine the distress of your family and friends who you cannot contact. In the meantime, could your companion forward emails to and from your family until this is corrected?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There are some links on the home page of myldsmail.net.

From the main login page: "Support - Help with login, retrieval and any other issues." It's an email link. I'd suggest using that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”