Librarian and Meeting House Librarian Defintion?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Biggles

Librarian and Meeting House Librarian Defintion?

Post by Biggles »

Would someone be able to explain to me the differences between a Librarian and a Meeting House Librarian, or point me in the direction where to find the definitions?

Thanks in advance!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Librarian and Meeting House Librarian Defintion?

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:Would someone be able to explain to me the differences between a Librarian and a Meeting House Librarian, or point me in the direction where to find the definitions?
The Meetinghouse Library is under the direction of the Sunday School. Each ward calls a Librarian, and possibly Assistant Librarians. If there is only one ward in the building, the Ward Librarian is also the Meetinghouse Librarian.

Where there are two or more wards in a meetinghouse, one of the Ward Librarians is designated as the Meetinghouse Librarian and coordinates the work of the Librarians for the entire meetinghouse.

Handbook 2, 12.6 has a section on Libraries, and at LDS.org Resources, the Sunday School section has an area about Meetinghouse Libraries.
Biggles

Re: Librarian and Meeting House Librarian Defintion?

Post by Biggles »

Many Thanks!

Return to “General Discussions”