lds scriptures

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rwells1938

lds scriptures

Post by rwells1938 »

When I try to download the new 2013 scriptures and select just the Pearl Of Great Price I get the complete tripple combination which includes the Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price.

The same seems to be the case with the Bible you get both old and new not just one of them.

Is there a way to just down load the one book and not the whole tripple combination.

Thanks
Roger
rwells1938

Re: lds scriptures

Post by rwells1938 »

I am trying to download the PDF version.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Each PDF that the Church prepares for download takes time and effort. So it's easier to just do one PDF for the Triple Combination and one for the Bible. I'm sure that they're aware of what formats are the most popular for viewing and if there were tremendous demand for different subsets of these PDFs, the Church would supply them.

If you really want a separate PDF, you might consider using a tool for splitting PDF files (a free one can be found here). Then you could download the Triple and split out the Pearl of Great Price.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Or another way would be to use a "print-to-pdf" tool and print the pages you want to keep from the full pdf to another one that holds just the scriptures you want. There are a number of good, free "print-to-pdf" solutions out there if you do a quick search.

Return to “General Discussions”