Can't Access Church Mail at home Anymore?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mermesa3

Can't Access Church Mail at home Anymore?

Postby mermesa3 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm

I am the housing coordinator for the Colorado Denver South Mission. In the past (before January 1, 2013) I could access our email messages from my home computer by logging in to webmail@ldschurch.org. Now when I go there, I get a message that the site is "down for maintenance" but I have received that message for almost a month now. And the address says, "outofservice". So how do I access mail from home now? Or is that no longer possible?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't Access Church Mail at home Anymore?

Postby russellhltn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:15 pm

What URL are you using? The item you posted is an email address, not a website.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mermesa3

Postby mermesa3 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 am

the URL is webmail.ldschurch.org. Sorry, I posted it incorrectly before.

techgy
Community Moderators

Postby techgy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:22 am

One possible resource would be to talk to any of the Full-Time missionaries and see what they're doing for Email. They used to use webmail for their Email. Perhaps one of them - or their mission president - would know.

Have you attempted this on a different computer?

If all else fails you could contact the Global Service Desk.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:34 am

I think what you want is now at https://mail.ldschurch.org ; my guess is that the webmail subdomain was deprecated and has now been retired.

If mail.ldschurch.org is not the system you're looking for, then the next thing to try is https://new.ldsmail.net.

peresia58

Postby peresia58 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:13 am

I can't sign into my ldschurch.org account on my laptop. I normally just sign in, but now a box with "Authentication Required" message appears requesting username & password- I type in my username & password and it won't log me in.
My ldschurch.org email on my iphone is receiving and sending as normal.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 pm

peresia58 wrote:I can't sign into my ldschurch.org account on my laptop. I normally just sign in, but now a box with "Authentication Required" message appears requesting username & password- I type in my username & password and it won't log me in.
My ldschurch.org email on my iphone is receiving and sending as normal.

Do you have two-factor authentication enabled? If you're a church employee, you may want to submit a support ticket through ServiceNow (home.ldschurch.org > Tools & Services > Service Now).
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “General Discussions”