Access to myldsmail.net

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
brower

Access to myldsmail.net

Post by brower »

I have been home from my mission for two years and i want to access my myldsmail.net account so I can transfer all my mission emails to my current Gmail. However, when i try to sign in, a box comes up that says i cannot access my account because i am not a missionary. Is there any way that i can access my account to transfer the emails? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access to myldsmail.net

Post by russellhltn »

Since it's been two years, I suspect the account has been deleted. Is this the first time you've used the account since you got home?

From what I can find, myldsmail.net is actually Google. And normal Google accounts are deleted after 9 months of inactivity.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brower

Post by brower »

I had been on it a few times after my mission and could'nt figure out how to transfer. Not exactly sure how long its been since i have logged on though. Here is what shows up when i try to log in:

Not Eligible for an Account
You are not eligible for an account for either of these reasons:
You are not a missionary.
You have not yet been chosen to upgrade. You will be notified when you are.

Does that mean it has been deleted?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Let's see what other people say. But my guess is, if you can't log in now the way you used to, it's probably gone. The message you're being given sounds like it can't find your account and is just giving the most likely reasons.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

russellhltn wrote:Let's see what other people say. But my guess is, if you can't log in now the way you used to, it's probably gone. The message you're being given sounds like it can't find your account and is just giving the most likely reasons.
If I remember correctly my son had access to his account for a month after his mission. I suggest you make a call to your mission office and check with them.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Here's my understanding of how it works:
When you sign into MyLDSMail after your release date, instructions on how to export your mail to another system are displayed. These instructions will display every time you sign in until the account is purged/access is denied. Access to your MyLDSMail account is terminated 18 months after your release date.

Please contact the Global Service Center at 1-855-537-4357 (after selecting your language, it's option 3). They can verify this information for you. Thanks!
elderaranda

Post by elderaranda »

So how can i transfer my mission emails from myldsmail.net to my personal email account right now?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

elderaranda wrote:So how can i transfer my mission emails from myldsmail.net to my personal email account right now?
It's not clear what "right now" means in terms of your mission. If you are still on your mission, you'll just have to wait. If you have been released, then you can follow the instructions given in the post immediately before yours.
molis

Post by molis »

Hi

I just wanted to check if anyone had success with retrieving a disabled account? I had issues with transferring my missionary email to my current one and it just slipped my mind after that to process the transfer. I've just tried logging on today and it says my account has been disabled. Help?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

molis wrote:I just wanted to check if anyone had success with retrieving a disabled account? I had issues with transferring my missionary email to my current one and it just slipped my mind after that to process the transfer. I've just tried logging on today and it says my account has been disabled. Help?
There's a support link on the login page. I'd use that.

Return to “General Discussions”