Finding your own membership number

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
wrigjef

Finding your own membership number

Postby wrigjef » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm

I recently moved and lost access to clerk and leader tools as well as CDOL. I'm now wanting to verify my own record number (for tithing slips). I'm not sure how a member with no special access can find this information without going to the clerk.

techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Finding your own membership number

Postby techgy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 pm

If you have a temple recommend, it's on the recommend. Other than that your best source would be your ward clerk.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:55 pm

wrigjef wrote:I'm now wanting to verify my own record number (for tithing slips).

Note that there's no need to enter your membership record number on donation slips for donations you make in the ward where your records are located.

But asking your ward clerk for your Individual Ordinance Summary is easy enough. If members don't have their MRN on their temple recommend or a previous IOS, that doesn't seem like any significant burden. The fact is that the Church uses the MRN as an important identifier when members sign up for an LDS Account. So it's a good thing that it's hard to find your own MRN, and appropriate that a ward clerk would give it personally to a member who is known to him.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:43 pm

You can also have your clerk email you a copy of your IOS, printed via MLS or the online system as a PDF.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

sbradshaw wrote:You can also have your clerk email you a copy of your IOS, printed via MLS or the online system as a PDF.

While technically possible, I'm not sure as it's a good idea. I'd certainly be leery about receiving such requests by e-mail. (Social engineering and all.)
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

marianomarini

Postby marianomarini » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:54 am

While technically possible, I'm not sure as it's a good idea. I'd certainly be leery about receiving such requests by e-mail. (Social engineering and all.)

Maybe it's time to use secure signed, and better, encrypted email!
But this is another story ...

Return to “General Discussions”