Burning LDS.org Media to a DVD

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
PhillipsCJ

Burning LDS.org Media to a DVD

Post by PhillipsCJ »

A fairly common request in our ward comes from different teachers on how to play a video from the LDS.org Media Library in a Sunday class. While playing the media through a laptop is often a solution, at times it makes more sense to download the video file and burn it to a DVD so that it can be played on a DVD player.

Is anyone aware of good resources that could be shared with members with instructions on using free software to burn a video file to a DVD for personal use on both a Mac or PC?
Disability Services Manager, LDS Church
dgoehring

Post by dgoehring »

I find that downloading unto a flash drive is the easiest. We never use DVDs anymore.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dgoehring wrote:I find that downloading unto a flash drive is the easiest. We never use DVDs anymore.
Our TVs are pretty old, and there's no easy way for people to connect a laptop to them. So a DVD is easier for teachers to play (but it's hard for most teachers to create one).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some time ago, I tried to use a free tool to convert MP4 to DVD, but the lip sync was off. I ended up using my iPod to play the video. But not everyone has the needed video cable.

Some computers have DVD burning tools included as part of the DVD burner.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”