- Download your ward directory in csv format.
- Clean it up (I broke out email addresses into their own columns, and edited family name to just have last name, etc.)
- Make sure all columns have header titles for easier mapping
- Once you have it cleaned up and ready, download and install Address Book Importer
- The rest is pretty explanatory. Just map the fields in the csv with the ones in ABI. You can even have it put all the imported contacts into a group.
As far as getting it on the iPhone, as you'd expect, the contacts are copied over with the next sync you do between iTunes and the iPhone.