1Password

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rwells1938

1Password

Post by rwells1938 »

I am trying out a password program called 1Password. It seems to work very well except for the church sites.

It works great on new.familysearch
It will not work at all on FamilySearchFamilyTree
It works kinda here at LDSTech (I have to press an additional button to have it work great)

When I try to use it at FSFT it enters the user id and password but gives the following error message "The session has timed out or is invalid. The system is unable to continue authentication. Please return to the application, and try again."

Any suggestions on what the problem might be? If I enter the same user id and password manually it works with no problems.

I use a iMac with OSX Mountain Lion

Thanks
Roger
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I have a couple of funny issues with lastpass, but it is mostly related to the tech site, I have no problems with other church sites, it handles the redirection really well, I am using a Windows Desktop.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

I use 1Password on a Mac and may be able to help a bit. However, that is really a question for the AgileBits people who make password and can answer about its functionality with certain websites.

I did look at FamilySearch Family Tree. I didn't know the exact site but went to http://familysearch.org/invite/familytree_tab. It came up with a log in screen and I was able to successfully use my FamilySearch login via 1Password and it took me right in. I would suggest you reset Safari and then try again as at least for me 1Password works. With tech.lds.org, I just choose to save my login information and therefore I seldom have to log in.

I hope this helps. You can send me a private message also if I can be of further assistance.

Return to “General Discussions”