Geese, Gooses and the Poop they bring

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
johnshaw

Geese, Gooses and the Poop they bring

Post by johnshaw »

In Kansas City we are building a new Temple and have just finished a Stake Center. These are very exciting times for us, but we have an issue. It involves lots and lots of poop. We appear to be on the flight path of a large Goose (Geese) migration. The area has been beautified, with some nice ponds, etc... but the Geese are now populating and creating a very big mess in our parking lots and sidewalks.

Has anyone out there dealt with this, and have suggestions to help? FM has basically said, you're on your on your own, and we are doing some investigation, but wanted to see if there were others out there with similar issues.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only thing I'm aware of is a set of spikes that can be placed on horizontal surfaces, but that's aimed more at the local pigeon population to keep them off the ledges. A quick search for "Bird Spikes" will show you what I'm taking about. Many of those are sold by companies that specialize in bird control. I found this page could be of interest.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

The stake center I used growing up in Alaska was next to a lake. They spent most of the summer on the roof. I don't think there is much of anything you can do, short of grabbing a shotgun.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

I did a quick google search for goose repellent and found http://absolutebirdcontrol.com/canadian ... hwodkTjq2w

Return to “General Discussions”