Ward Kitchen list

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jiffypop

Ward Kitchen list

Postby jiffypop » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:36 pm

At our last ward council our Relief Society President asked about a ward kitchen list that has the required things every ward kitchen should have. I have been searching high and low but can't find anything on it at all. Any help would appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Jorgensen
Kellogg Ward Executive Secretary

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:46 pm

jiffypop wrote:At our last ward council our Relief Society President asked about a ward kitchen list that has the required things every ward kitchen should have. I have been searching high and low but can't find anything on it at all. Any help would appreciated.

I don't know of any online resource that would cover this. But as with most things related to the building, the FM group should know how a standard kitchen is equipped. So I'd recommend that you work through your stake's PFR (the high councilor who interfaces with the FM group) to submit your question to them.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:59 pm

jiffypop wrote:At our last ward council our Relief Society President asked about a ward kitchen list that has the required things every ward kitchen should have.

At what level are you talking about? While I've never been in the position to set up a new kitchen, I tend to suspect that list is limited to major appliances. Smaller things like kitchen utensils are probably left up to the ward(s) involved. With directive that kitchen are only for heating and demonstration, I wonder if there's been a change in how new kitchen are equipped.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:57 pm

We moved into a new building in November. We were supplied with a list of items that come with new buildings. In addition to the appliances, refrigerator, oven/stove, microwave, there are things such as mixing/serving bowls, serving pitchers, plates, flatware, drinking cups, waiter carts, service trays, etc.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”