Fire Extinguisher

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
janmartin

Fire Extinguisher

Post by janmartin »

We are senior missionaries in Pensacola. Our Tallahassee Mission office recently closed, and on our way out the door of the empty building, we decided to grab the fire extinguisher that the church had replaced just a month previous to that time. We now are not sure what to do with it. We don't know if there is a local church building that needs a new one or not. We are Military Relations Missionaries at NAS Pensacola and wondered, too, if we should maybe try to promote good will by donating it to the base all-faiths church (who might be able to requisition one from the government) or to the USO on base (which is not government-funded). But it was purchased with church funds, so it seems that giving it to one of our church buildings in the area that might be due for a new one would be the best option. How can we find out where we should take it locally?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Fire Extinguisher

Post by russellhltn »

I'd give it to FM. It's their responsibility to take care of the building, and it would be their fire extinguisher.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The Tallahassee Florida FM Group office is located in Pensacola, so you should drop it off there.

How sad! My wife and I were living in Niceville, Florida in 1977 when missionaries from the newly-created Tallahassee mission knocked on our door.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
janmartin

Post by janmartin »

I will try to get a number and address for the FM group in Pensacola. Thank you!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Interesting. I always assumed that every mission office and every temple office had the local FM Group's phone number on speed dial!
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
janmartin

Post by janmartin »

Haha! Nope. I wish. It was actually in our Rolodex, but now that we aren't office workers any more, I don't have it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've found offices in the past in the telephone "white pages".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The high councilor over facilities in your stake (PFR) will have the number. Your ward clerk can also look it up in CDOL. (He'll know what that is.)
janmartin

Post by janmartin »

That's a good idea to check with the high councilor! (We can also check CDOL, but that is often a dead end for us.)

Return to “General Discussions”