Traveling - I want to visit a ward for sacrament

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
geraldmartindavenport

Traveling - I want to visit a ward for sacrament

Post by geraldmartindavenport »

Greetings all. I have been looking all over trying to find a way to contact a ward. Yes I see it on the maps and there is a phone number, the problem is it is Saint Lucia and I am in northern California. We are heading there for my son's wedding, no they are not members ... YET ... working on it.

The phone call would be pricy. I am looking for an email to the ward to find out if there is a way to get a ride, as the transportation there is also pricy. wanted to see if there were any members in the area we would be staying.

All I have is a ph # available to me. is there an email address for the ward?

- gerald martin davenport
humble and blessed member since 2014
Nevada City Ward, Auburn Stake. California
drepouille

Re: Traveling - I want to visit a ward for sacrament

Post by drepouille »

Ask your ward clerk to login to CDOL.lds.org and find the email addresses for the leaders of the Castries Branch in Saint Lucia.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

You should be able to get some of this information yourself using the Find A Meetinghouse link. I see 2 buildings in St Lucia:
The Castries Branch is an English-speaking branch with a meeting start time of 10:00 am. A number is listed after the branch president's name but it might be a number at the building.
The Vieux-Fort Branch branch is also English-speaking and their meetings also start at 10:00 am. No number is listed after the branch president's name.

Last year we traveled to our son's marriage in Australia and I looked up the local branch president's email using CDOL (I am ward clerk) so I could determine travel distances, public transportation options, and directions (we were staying over 30 miles away). We had a very pleasant email exchange and loved attending their branch on that Sunday.

Best of luck! Our son in Australia is also not a member of the church.
geraldmartindavenport

Post by geraldmartindavenport »

Thank you for the info. unfortunately, I was unable to attend, as it was an hour away from where we were staying and a $100 taxi ride.
ColorKhajiit

Post by ColorKhajiit »

davesudweeks wrote:You should be able to get some of this information yourself using the Find A Meetinghouse link. I see 2 buildings in St Lucia:
The Castries Branch is an English-speaking branch with a meeting start time of 10:00 am. A number is listed after the branch president's name but it might be a number at the building.
The Vieux-Fort Branch branch is also English-speaking and their meetings also start at 10:00 am. No number is listed after the branch president's name.

Last year we traveled to our son's marriage in Australia and I looked up the local branch president's email using CDOL (I am ward clerk) so I could determine travel distances, public transportation options, and directions (we were staying over 30 miles away). We had a very pleasant email exchange and loved attending their branch on that Sunday.

Best of luck! Our son in Australia is also not a member of the church.
Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours.

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussions”