Additional Sabbath Training (where to host it)

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
tubaloth

Additional Sabbath Training (where to host it)

Post by tubaloth »

I guess just before the April GC they had training and did a big push to honor the Sabbath day and keep it holy. It was decided to send a copy of parts of this meeting to church leaders to do training in Ward Council.
We were giving a flash drive with all the files on it. I think the old training used powerpoint. What I did before was upload the flash drive to my OneDrive account and shared a link with people in WC so they could watch it on there own.

This last Sunday I got another flash drive with additional training I guess from this last GC. But this time they orangaized it a little better and instead of using powerpoint they just used a simple HTML to guide us through the videos. Works really well! But when I try to upload the files to OneDrive, or Google Drive, it doesn't like to render the html page. It just opens it up in some editor.

I'm confused why the church doesn't just host this on their website somewhere. Yes I get watching a video on a flash drive is quicker then downloading it. I'm confused about the distribution method.

Not sure how to "host" this for everybody in the ward council to view (before any training is done). Not sure.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Additional Sabbath Training (where to host it)

Post by lajackson »

We used the flash drive to present it to our ward council when the training was conducted. We did not try to host it anywhere.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

HTML pages in OneDrive or Google Drive don't display properly unless they're downloaded first. I'd suggest zipping the package up and having ward council members download the entire thing, then open the file.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jsorens6

Post by jsorens6 »

Interesting, I've been looking for the promised training, but we haven't had anything passed along to us out here, spring or now. We've just used the videos on lds.org. <East Central Indiana>
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jsorens6 wrote:Interesting, I've been looking for the promised training, but we haven't had anything passed along to us out here, spring or now. We've just used the videos on lds.org. <East Central Indiana>
Did you receive the PowerPoint, handouts, and videos for the first Sabbath Day training a few months ago?
jsorens6

Post by jsorens6 »

sbradshaw wrote:
jsorens6 wrote:Interesting, I've been looking for the promised training, but we haven't had anything passed along to us out here, spring or now. We've just used the videos on lds.org. <East Central Indiana>
Did you receive the PowerPoint, handouts, and videos for the first Sabbath Day training a few months ago?
We did not. I asked my Bishop about this again on Sunday (I serve as a counselor) he stated he has never received anything.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

OK. The area seventies were to distribute them to the stake presidents, who were to distribute them to the bishops (at least in the United States). You may need to ask the stake for a copy. The same distribution model applies for both Sabbath Day trainings (the one recorded in April and the one recorded in October).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jsorens6

Post by jsorens6 »

Thank you!!!!!

Return to “General Discussions”