Travel coordination with foreign Temple

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
honestinjun61

Travel coordination with foreign Temple

Post by honestinjun61 »

Is there a list of emails for the Temples where a member can find them in order to arrange
or inquire about them short of the foreign listed phone numbers?

I'm traveling to Lima shortly and would like to know if I can spend a few days doing ordinances
and if they can accommodate me and my missionary son (he terminates while I'm there) .

I'm not able to call outside the country.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Travel coordination with foreign Temple

Post by lajackson »

honestinjun61 wrote:I'm traveling to Lima shortly and would like to know if I can spend a few days doing ordinances
and if they can accommodate me and my missionary son (he terminates while I'm there).
Looking at the Lima Peru Temple website, it appears that this is a full-service temple, with sessions throughout the day Tuesday through Saturday. They should have no problem accommodating you and your son, once he is released, as long as you both have current temple recommends.
honestinjun61

Post by honestinjun61 »

Thanks, I does accommodating also suggest having a room available for overnight stay, cafeteria, etc?
I assume returning 2 year missionaries recommends would be expired by this time. Does he need
to speak to his Mission Pres to get that renewed before he finishes?
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Before missionaries leave their mission, they are given a 3 month temple recommend. This is true of sisters and elders. It is done so that priesthood leaders can meet with the missionary and talk about how they are adjusting back to civilian life after the mission.
honestinjun61

Post by honestinjun61 »

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

honestinjun61 wrote:Thanks, I does accommodating also suggest having a room available for overnight stay, cafeteria, etc?
I assume returning 2 year missionaries recommends would be expired by this time. Does he need
to speak to his Mission Pres to get that renewed before he finishes?
According to the temple website, the temple has a cafeteria and clothing services, if needed. I do not have a way to tell if there is patron housing. You may need to have someone call for you.

As kellymab said, his mission president should give your son a recommend before he is released that will be set to expire within a few months.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I don't think that there is a guest house available at the Lima Peru Temple. If you look at, for example, the Madrid Spain Temple, you can see that it has a guest house, but the Lima Peru Temple page doesn't mention a guest house.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Just for fun, you can see a list of which temples have guest houses by entering this query into Google:

Code: Select all

"Guest housing available" site:lds.org/church/temples inurl:eng -inurl:clang
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Just for fun, you can see a list of which temples have guest houses by entering this query into Google:
I don't see my temple listed, and yet I know patrons will come for overnight. Not all housing is associated with the temple itself, but if you contact the temple, they can probably tell you of a good place to stay. Hard to ask for a better recommendation.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”