Where is all the buzz around the new beta???

For community testing of Clerk Resources
User avatar
johnshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Where is all the buzz around the new beta???

Postby johnshaw » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 am

Is the functionality of this beta set in stone?

Could we please grant access to at least the callings portion for stake clerks? Stake Clerks often are NOT attending church in the same building as the stake, and are often not in the stake office for anything (at least membership clerks) - it sure would be nice for the stake clerks to have this access to avoid making special trips just to update 1 or 2 callings - and help us support ward/branch clerks in this. We do have responsibility to train, and without access that is very difficult.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Where is all the buzz around the new beta???

Postby jonesrk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 pm

JohnShaw wrote:Is the functionality of this beta set in stone?

Could we please grant access to at least the callings portion for stake clerks?

That functionality is not available yet. It is on the list and being worked on.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

User avatar
johnshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Re: Where is all the buzz around the new beta???

Postby johnshaw » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:22 am

JonesRK wrote:
JohnShaw wrote:Is the functionality of this beta set in stone?

Could we please grant access to at least the callings portion for stake clerks?

That functionality is not available yet. It is on the list and being worked on.


Is it being worked on for this Beta? Is your answer similar to the answers from 3 years go, which means maybe in the next 3 years or is it sooner than that?

Ryan, I always appreciate that you provide some help and insight on the board, you are one of the rare regular participants from the church.. thanks
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”

― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Where is all the buzz around the new beta???

Postby jonesrk » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:06 am

JohnShaw wrote:
JonesRK wrote:
JohnShaw wrote:Is the functionality of this beta set in stone?

Could we please grant access to at least the callings portion for stake clerks?

That functionality is not available yet. It is on the list and being worked on.


Is it being worked on for this Beta?
It is not in this beta. My understanding is that each beta they release will be limited to the set of features they initially publish and would only be updated with bug fixes related to those features.

JohnShaw wrote: Is your answer similar to the answers from 3 years go, which means maybe in the next 3 years or is it sooner than that?
I certainly hope it doesn't take us 3 years :), since we are actively working on the service support within CDOL now.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Beta Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest