More problems with Newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
zaneclark

More problems with Newsletter

Post by zaneclark »

I have tried desktop and iPad with different browsers and still can't get Newsletter to open.... I get "An error has occurred...please try again." Anyone else getting this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: More problems with Newsletter

Post by russellhltn »

Working fine for my ward/stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Any idea why it would only be a problem on my various computers?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried a different network?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I turned off the wifi and used the cellular on my iPad with the same results. I'm going to call someone in the ward and see if it is just me or if our area is having a problem.
michaelcox

Post by michaelcox »

zaneclark and I are in the same Ward. On Sunday, our Ward was moved from one Stake to another Stake. I think this is likely the root cause. The same error he is having I'm having. I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari) on multiple operating systems, all doing the same thing. If the exact cause isn't because our unit was moved from one Stake to another, it might be because both of us have stake callings in our old Stake and Ward callings in our new Stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

michaelcox wrote:it might be because both of us have stake callings in our old Stake and Ward callings in our new Stake.
Moving stakes could be a problem. But if those old stake callings granted extra rights to the Newsletter, that could really make a mess.

Is this a new stake or an existing one? I'm thinking it might just take some time for everything to settle down. In the case of a new stake, it might take a little longer.

michaelcox

Post by michaelcox »

It's an existing Stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd be curious as to what happens to regular members of the ward that do not have stake callings.

michaelcox

Post by michaelcox »

Newsletter works fine under my wife's LDS Account.

Return to “Newsletter”