Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

Post by russellhltn »

scubadox wrote:I created a new article, and began adding text one line at a time. This worked just fine. Then I added a picture and saved it - again it worked. Then I added a 2nd picture, and I got the error. I wonder if it may have something to do with the amount of data in the text box?
Perhaps this is related to the Unable to Post Attachment to the Newsletter problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

scubadox wrote:Here is a link to the posting when I try to edit it:

https://www.lds.org/member-news?lang=en ... 0215484745
Note: People here will not be able to see your link unless they're in your ward (if it's a ward post) or stake (if it's a stake post).
troyjensenfox

Post by troyjensenfox »

I am getting the same message....I can copy the text of a previous article and create a new one without a problem, but I cannot go back in and make a correction without it giving me the "Not Available" error. It worked fine until a couple of months ago.
jscottsellers

Post by jscottsellers »

I agree with the post citing the image as the culprit. I can recreate this problem by adding an image to my post and then trying to edit. When I delete the image the newsletter saves just fine. However, adding the image back in at first will save the image, but will not save after an attempted edit.
troyjensenfox

Post by troyjensenfox »

Yes, removing the image attached made it work for me as well
ldwariner

Post by ldwariner »

I am getting the same error when I try to edit a post with a photo. It will let me edit a post and then a few weeks later it will give me an error. We shouldn't have to recreate posts each time we need to edit a post or limit or post to no photos. It is very frustrating.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just for kicks and grins, can any of you that are having trouble try editing the newsletter while on the WiFi connection at church? From other threads, I think this could be a firewall issue, not a problem with the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:Just for kicks and grins, can any of you that are having trouble try editing the newsletter while on the WiFi connection at church? From other threads, I think this could be a firewall issue, not a problem with the app.
I haven't tried it at a meetinghouse, but I have two interesting data points:
  • When I am at home, I do get that error consistently when I edit an article containing an image.
  • When I am at work (I work for a Church entity) on the Church's internal network, edits work just fine with no error.
That second point would point to the possibility that the editing process accesses something available only within the Church network (I don't know if that includes meetinghouses or not). That could explain why this problem might not have been perceived as a very high priority, if it worked fine for any developers or testing who might have tried to duplicate the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:That second point would point to the possibility that the editing process accesses something available only within the Church network
I was thinking of a hyperactive firewall between "internal" and "Internet", but that's also a possibility.

From the other thread, we had the same problem intermittently with forum posts that used the "hashtag" sign. The response was immediate - not the usual delay of a web app "thinking" or a connection timeout.

jokamura

Post by jokamura »

aebrown wrote:I haven't tried it at a meetinghouse, but I have two interesting data points:
  • When I am at home, I do get that error consistently when I edit an article containing an image.
  • When I am at work (I work for a Church entity) on the Church's internal network, edits work just fine with no error.
That second point would point to the possibility that the editing process accesses something available only within the Church network (I don't know if that includes meetinghouses or not). That could explain why this problem might not have been perceived as a very high priority, if it worked fine for any developers or testing who might have tried to duplicate the problem.
I remember trying this on the clerk's computer and I got the same error. I haven't tried on an external computer connected to the wifi network, but I will try that later this evening and see if it works.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."

Return to “Newsletter”