Share newsletter with non-members

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Share newsletter with non-members

Post by Mikerowaved »

mevans wrote:I agree. Push is probably the only way people will ever read the newsletter. It needs to have an email push and also appear in LDS Tools.
I also like the idea of a push system, but couldn't a reasonable facsimile (at least for ward members) be implemented now? Whenever a major change is added to the Newsletter couldn't you send out a ward-wide email with the Newsletter URL embedded inviting members to visit the site and read it? The email could also include brief instructions on how to access the site for first timers. In fact, with some clever coding, a ward's leadership might be able to determine how many actually followed the link, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion. In any case, inviting the membership to read the newsletter on lds.org might also open their eyes to the many other tools available to them there.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Share newsletter with non-members

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Whenever a major change is added to the Newsletter couldn't you send out a ward-wide email with the Newsletter URL embedded inviting members to visit the site and read it?
The problem with that is that my primary email reader is my phone and such things tend to get classified as "later". But "later" seems to translate to "when board to death waiting for something". (Think doctor's office.)

What would work best for me is stuff that shows up when I have "computer time" to catch up on things. I think that's why so many want to have ward Facebook pages because then those messages shows up at "Facebook time". But maybe that's just me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Newsletter”