Unable to Post Attachment to the Newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
abadjw

Re: Unable to Post Attachment to the Newsletter

Post by abadjw »

abadjw wrote:I am having the same issue so I don't think you are alone having this issue. I have tried multiple browsers and trying to upload a small PDF. The select file box does appear but after I select the PDF file and click ok, nothing happens. I have also tried to reduce my browser security to 'Low' think that might be a contribution to this problem but nothing seems to work. ;-(
UPDATE: Even though I am listed as an 'Admin' for Newsletters (also calling is Stake Website Admin), our Stake Clerk was able to post it for me. I still can't post. Hmm...
mevans

Post by mevans »

The Newsletter appears to be completely broken right now. I hope they fix it soon.
carameidell

Post by carameidell »

It looks like the attachment feature has been broken for a long time. Has anyone been able to attach anything to their newsletter since November? Should I give up or keep trying?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

carameidell wrote:Has anyone been able to attach anything to their newsletter since November?
Most definitely. I created and edited an article with three attachments on 10 December with no problems. Another ward member created an article on 14 December with attachments with no problem. I edited the article three times and changed, or replaced, files for the attachments twice with no problems.

I just added another PDF file as an attachment to a currently existing article with no problem.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I created an article on January 10, no problems, I included a jpg picture then later attached a pdf. But when I tried to edit that same article later a third time on the 10th I got the unavailable message. The same thing happened this morning when I tried to edit the article. I was trying to edit the text description. When I view the newsletter under my daughter's username (no admin privileges), I can see the article, the attachment and jpg so it is all still there, but I can't seem to edit it in my username.
ejsearle

Post by ejsearle »

I believe I have discovered a bug in the verification process.

When I upload a PDF version of our stake calendar book we get the error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

I can attach other PDF files of the same size without issue.

Do we know if anyone is looking at these posts to get a resolution?

-Eli Searle
Kimberly Idaho Stake
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ejsearle wrote:Do we know if anyone is looking at these posts to get a resolution?
We don't know if anyone who can do anything about it is following this thread or any other related thread until they post to the thread. That is why we recommend sending feedback using the LDS.org feedback link. The LDS.org home page has the link. Many other LDS.org pages have it also. But there are some, such as the Newsletter itself, that do not.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

I'm the Stake Website Administrator. On 12/26, I posted a newsletter entry with text and a pdf attachment named "VWES Information 2014-01-15.pdf". I used the category, "Stake Presidency". I had no problems.

Today, I just deleted the attachment and tried to replace it with an updated one. The deletion went fine and the attachment seemed to be uploaded fine. However, when I saved, I got the following error:
Newsletter Error.PNG
Newsletter Error.PNG (3 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
The original attachment is gone, but now I cannot add an attachment without the error. I repeated this multiple times with the same error. Thoughts?
smconvey

Post by smconvey »

Because I cannot add an attachment, I tried to edit the text to provide a link to a Google sheet with the same information. However, I get the same error when I try to edit the text. Basically, I cannot edit the entry at all.
scubadox

Post by scubadox »

There is a similar thread under the title: Not Available: This Page Is Unavailable

This appears to be an issue that has been going on for some time. I see alot of comments about the issue in several threads, so it's apparently a problem that many are having. I'm not so sure that anyone who can fix this watches these forums. I'm wondering if this needs to submitted to IT as a trouble ticket? Does anyone have any experience in how to do this? We'd like to move our external ward newsletter to this official church site, but with the ongoing issues and apparent bugs we're a bit reluctant to make the switch at this point.

Return to “Newsletter”