Image and Attachment User Agreement

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
wadzy1

Re: Image and Attachment User Agreement

Post by wadzy1 »

Where can I find this discussed document, so i can give it to my newsletter contributors.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is no longer available. It use to be displayed when an attachment was being added to an article. The complete content of the no longer available agreement is posted here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:It is no longer available. It use to be displayed when an attachment was being added to an article. The complete content of the no longer available agreement is posted here.
Why do you say it's no longer available? I still see it every time I add an attachment to a Newsletter article. It still says the same thing, and is still required for all attachments. I just verified that it does still appear.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:Why do you say it's no longer available? I still see it every time I add an attachment to a Newsletter article. It still says the same thing, and is still required for all attachments. I just verified that it does still appear.
I have created three newsletter articles with attachments over the past four days and did not get the agreement popup. All three articles were successfully created. Perhaps it is a browser issue. I used Firefox.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Interesting. I just created a test article in the Newsletter that included a photo.
The agreement appeared before I submitted the article. See attached.
I was also using FF (current version).
Attachments
User_Agreement.JPG
(31.63 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I have created three newsletter articles with attachments over the past four days and did not get the agreement popup.
What kind of attachment? For various reasons, I think there's more concern over photos (jpgs) than with PDFs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since I was only thinking about attachments, I only had recent experience with document attachments, such as the PDF document I attached to my three articles, and not imbedded photos. I haven't tried to imbed a photo to see if the agreement popup appears.
JD Lessley
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I tried both a pdf attachment and an embedded image - both resulted in the agreement showing up before the article was submitted.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Since I was only thinking about attachments, I only had recent experience with document attachments, such as the PDF document I attached to my three articles, and not imbedded photos. I haven't tried to imbed a photo to see if the agreement popup appears.
I find it quite odd that you would not see the agreement appear when you attach a PDF. I have tested on Firefox with PDFs (the same test scenario you reported) and I always see the agreement appear. So far, you seem to be the only person who fails to see the agreement.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:I have created three newsletter articles with attachments over the past four days and did not get the agreement popup. All three articles were successfully created. Perhaps it is a browser issue. I used Firefox.
Popups blocked? Even so, the site should not allow you to continue. (Alas, that does not always mean it actually works that way.)

Return to “Newsletter”