Seeing ward newsletter from my old ward

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
cjgrayson

Seeing ward newsletter from my old ward

Post by cjgrayson »

About 3 months ago, I was released as Bishop of the YSA 27th Ward. However, when I log in to my LDS account, I'm still seeing wards from my old stake YSA 2nd Stake) as well as my home ward and stake. While I can select my home stake and ward for the directory and calendar, I keep seeing the newsletter for the YSA 27th Ward, with no option to view the Orem 6th Ward newsletter. I've just been called as the newsletter editor for my home ward. How do I go about switching the view to my home ward newsletter?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Seeing ward newsletter from my old ward

Post by russellhltn »

I would contact your old ward and make sure you are no longer listed in MLS and they have deleated your out-of-unit record and the stake has recorded the change in Bishop.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The ward will need to release you as the Priests Quorum President.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JonesRK wrote:The ward will need to release you as the Priests Quorum President.
Last time I checked that wasn't possible to do directly in MLS. The Priest Quorum President was automatically set to be the bishop and there was no option to change it. But maybe that's changed.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote:
JonesRK wrote:The ward will need to release you as the Priests Quorum President.
Last time I checked that wasn't possible to do directly in MLS. The Priest Quorum President was automatically set to be the bishop and there was no option to change it. But maybe that's changed.
That is still true, it should happen when the bishop is changed in the ward MLS.

I removed that old position from CDOL, so by tomorrow morning this should be resolved.

Return to “Newsletter”