only one attachment will open

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
atdonaldson

only one attachment will open

Post by atdonaldson »

Newsletter attachments: there is an attachment in several categories. after opening one attachment to read the newsletter lds.org locks up and you have to exit login again to read the next attachment, any suggestions as to why this is happening and what to do to fix it. thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

atdonaldson wrote:Newsletter attachments: there is an attachment in several categories.

I'm not sure what you mean by "there is an attachment in several categories." An attachment is associated with a particular article. An article can be associated with one or more categories. And of course there can be multiple articles, each of which might have attachments. But an attachment itself has no category (although the article it is in may certainly have one or more categories).
atdonaldson wrote:after opening one attachment to read the newsletter lds.org locks up and you have to exit login again to read the next attachment

What do you mean by "lds.org locks up"? Is your browser completely unusable, or is it just the newsletter application that cannot be used? When you say "exit" do you mean closing the browser or signing out from LDS.org?
atdonaldson wrote:any suggestions as to why this is happening and what to do to fix it.

I'm not sure. I can view all sorts of attachments on multiple articles in multiple categories, and I have no problems at all.

What browser are you using? What kinds of attachments are these (PDF, .docx, .pptx, etc.)?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Newsletter”