Need a method of scheduling newsletter items.

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
Evershed

Need a method of scheduling newsletter items.

Post by Evershed »

We are posting a number of newsletters on this site and will eventually post several years worth. We need a way to chronologically schedule these items so that, for instance, the June newsletter follows the May newsletter no matter which date they were posted. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Roger Evershed
Ward Clerk Ensign Peak Ward
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Evershed wrote:We are posting a number of newsletters on this site and will eventually post several years worth. We need a way to chronologically schedule these items so that, for instance, the June newsletter follows the May newsletter no matter which date they were posted. Is this possible?

The articles in the Newsletter are placed in chronological order by creation date, with the most recent first. That's the only way to order them. So if you post the June newsletter after the May newsletter (which is most likely unless you somehow skip one), then the the June newsletter will always appear chronologically after the May newsletter. There is currently no other way to affect the order of the articles.

I can imagine some purposes for which it might be helpful to create a different ordering, but for newsletters (which are inherently chronological), the default ordering seems like it should work fine. Can you explain why it wouldn't?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Evershed wrote:We are posting a number of newsletters on this site and will eventually post several years worth.

The Newsletter help file seems to indicate that a newsletter will expire in one year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:The Newsletter help file seems to indicate that a newsletter will expire in one year.
I did some incomplete testing and came to the conclusion that articles with attachments and/or imbedded images will most likely be removed after one year. There is no evidence that an article without an attachment or an imbedded image will be removed in a year. I have provide more in my post here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Newsletter”