Ward Newsletter Won't Stop Refreshing

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmarx wrote:Our ward is also trying to convert people to the website and we also would like to provide a direct link from an email to the newsletter to make it easier for members to get there.

This is a big issue for us. Any ideas when it will be fixed?
I don't know if a fix was attempted, but it seems to be working differently for me now. When I go to LDS.org and am not signed in, and then I access Sign In/Tools > Newsletter, the Sign In page does appear. That was not the case previously, as you can see in several reports in this thread.

However, once I have completed the sign in, I am taken to the Newsletter application, where I am greeted with a message "An error has occurred. Please try your request again or return to the homepage." I notice that the URL is https://www.lds.org/member-news?lang=eng#comment-44207 and it is that "#comment-44207" part that is causing the problem. If I remove that part, or click on the "homepage" link in the error message, I am now safely in the Newsletter application. But that error message is quite disconcerting.

Furthermore, if I ever sign out when I am in the Newsletter, I see the same thing that many have reported on this thread -- an eternal spinner:
newsletter-loading.jpg
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
I have cleared my browser cache and deleted cookies. The problem still occurs.

I've escalated this issue to the development team.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Newsletter”