Newsletter View for Out of Unit Member

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
ebastow

Newsletter View for Out of Unit Member

Post by ebastow »

Our Stake President would like to be able to view the newsletter for our Stake (Married Student Stake BYU-ID). We have him in as a out of unit member (the same as I am as the Stake Clerk).

When I log in with my LDS account, I view the newsletter for the Married Student Stake (and don't have a option to view our local Stake newsletter (could be because they haven't added any entries..) But when the President logs in, he only sees his home Ward/Stake.

Any Ideas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ebastow wrote:Our Stake President would like to be able to view the newsletter for our Stake (Married Student Stake BYU-ID). We have him in as a out of unit member (the same as I am as the Stake Clerk).
Not only should a member be added as an out of unit member but they must also be listed in the serving unit's MLS with a standard position. Which appears to be the case for the stake president.
ebastow wrote:When I Sign in with my LDS account, I view the newsletter for the Married Student Stake (and don't have a option to view our local Stake newsletter (could be because they haven't added any entries..) But when the President logs in, he only sees his home Ward/Stake.
I do not know if the Newsletter is set up for multiple unit access. I am only guessing, because I have not heard any Church employee confirm it has that capability. If it does, then there should be some way to select the home ward and stake or the service ward and stake. I would expect it would be by clicking the WARD or STAKE links or even the unit name at the top of the page. What happens when you click WARD link or STAKE link or the unit name at the top of the page?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ebastow

Post by ebastow »

jdlessley wrote:Not only should a member be added as an out of unit member but they must also be listed in the serving unit's MLS with a standard position. Which appears to be the case for the stake president.

I do not know if the Newsletter is set up for multiple unit access. I am only guessing, because I have not heard any Church employee confirm it has that capability. If it does, then there should be some way to select the home ward and stake or the service ward and stake. I would expect it would be by clicking the WARD or STAKE links or even the unit name at the top of the page. What happens when you click WARD link or STAKE link or the unit name at the top of the page?

We have him in the Standard Position of Stake President in MLS.

I will check with him and see if he has a Stake and/or Ward Link on his (Mine only shows Stake (since my Ward hasn't created a newsletter yet) and it displays the Married Student Stake that I serve in as a out of unit member as the Stake Clerk. Interesting. Just testing out the features.

Return to “Newsletter”