Ward Newsletter Admin

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

KenRichins wrote:The Bishopric are the default Admins at the Ward level. The Stake has no admin rights at the ward level. Have a member of the Bishopric or the Ward Wed Site Admin give her the rights she needs.
And since it was the ward that called her, that's who should be granting her powers. Not the stake.

Welcome to the new data model.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robshad

Post by robshad »

Thanks, Ken
Russell the new data model stinks.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

robshad wrote:Russell the new data model stinks.
Welcome to the forum, robshad. Not sure I agree with all the permissions and admin choices on the new lds.org, but I agree a stake admin should not be assigning a ward level admin position in any of the tools, any more than a stake pres. should be calling people to staff ward level positions in a ward.....

And I don't think this is really a "new model," but more of a correction....let the Ward take care of itself.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

kisaac wrote:Welcome to the forum, robshad. Not sure I agree with all the permissions and admin choices on the new lds.org, but I agree a stake admin should not be assigning a ward level admin position in any of the tools, any more than a stake pres. should be calling people to staff ward level positions in a ward.....

And I don't think this is really a "new model," but more of a correction....let the Ward take care of itself.
Kisaac, I'm not sure this quite works, the Stake Pres chooses some 'ward level' positions (you can argue whether it is a ward position or not) but EQP, HPGL, Bishopric.

I think the new model has just moved the Cheese... If Wards weren't able to implement things because of the stake before, now stakes can't implement things because of the wards. It is unfortunate that this decision was made, development happened over a couple of years before the end users really got using the system. It is WAY too late to discover the model doesn't work in many cases. I'm happy for wards that have enough technical savvy to implement these on their own, but sad for those that don't, the stake isn't able to help as they have in the past. It's not the empowerment of the Wards/Branches, but the defrocking of the Stake that is the issue for me.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

I did say "Not sure I agree with all the permissions and admin choices on the new lds.org," but in this thread, and on the topic we are discussing, I do agree that a stake admin should not be assigning a ward admin, as that should be the job of the ward leaders to call and approve their own newsletter editors.

The ward leaders (bishopric and Ward Council level)
  1. will decide if they use the newsletter tool on a ward level, or not
  2. will be responsible for oversight and must retain editorial control,
  3. will have to account for /or correct what those newsletter editors "say" on behalf of their ward or organization.
And so, the stake should not be "assigning" a ward level newsletter editor.

Other threads exist to discuss other "permissions" issues....

Return to “Newsletter”