Ward Newsletter Admin

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
robshad

Ward Newsletter Admin

Post by robshad »

How Do I assign a Person who's calling it is to do the Newsletter admin rights.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

By "admin rights" I assume you mean they will hold the position of administrator.

There is information about administrator rights at the Rights and Roles section of the Newsletter help . Essentially a default administrator may add another person as an administrator. If that person does not have a standard position as listed in MLS then they will have to be added by name instead of by position.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
robshad

Post by robshad »

I am an sts and have Stake rights but no Ward rights.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Stake positions do not have administrator rights for the ward Newsletter.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

robshad wrote:I am an sts and have Stake rights but no Ward rights.

Some one with Default Ward Admin rights (the expended Bishopric) will have to grant them their rights to the ward newsletter.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robshad

Post by robshad »

My Wife does the newsletter for Our Ward and when I login I have Admin rights for the Stake and can add People to the Stake. I can also see My Ward newsletter but there is no Admin on that screen so I cannot add Her to do the newsletter. On the classic site I could go into any Ward and grant rights.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

robshad wrote:On the classic site I could go into any Ward and grant rights.

That's not how it works in the new system. Not for newsletter, not for the calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
robshad

Post by robshad »

Forget it! This is like talking to rocks.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

The Bishopric are the default Admins at the Ward level. The Stake has no admin rights at the ward level. Have a member of the Bishopric or the Ward Wed Site Admin give her the rights she needs.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The newsletter position is a ward position. It has to be a ward admin that gives her the rights. Stake can no longer do that under the new system.

Return to “Newsletter”