Cannot Add New User/Admin by Name

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
jeffdinsdale

Cannot Add New User/Admin by Name

Post by jeffdinsdale »

I am trying to add a new Admin user in the blank user field. The user I am trying to add is our new Ward Newsletter Editor. Since that is not a standard calling the calling was entered in MLS as a custom calling so it does not show up when trying to add the new user by calling name.

When I attempt to enter the members name, I would expect to see a pop-up showing names I can select from but nothing comes up. After entering the users last then first name or first and last name then pressing enter a red warning comes up stating "Name/calling required". I get the same response if trying to add either a new Admin or Publisher.

How can I add this new Admin?

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot Add New User/Admin by Name

Post by aebrown »

jeffdinsdale wrote:When I attempt to enter the members name, I would expect to see a pop-up showing names I can select from but nothing comes up. After entering the users last then first name or first and last name then pressing enter a red warning comes up stating "Name/calling required". I get the same response if trying to add either a new Admin or Publisher.

How can I add this new Admin?
I know it was possible a few months ago to add administrators or publishers by name. But that capability seems to be gone now. Since the Newsletter is not really being actively developed, my guess is that some service that generates the lists of names is down. But regardless of the reason, it's just not possible to add administrators or publishers by name right now. So your options are either to wait until that functionality is restored, have someone else with a standard calling perform the functions you need done, or give the person a standard calling.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

This should now be working.
chperkins

Post by chperkins »

Still not working.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chperkins wrote:Still not working.
More likely "broke again". The newsletter is having a number of issues right now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The newsletter should be back to normal. See if this problem got fixed as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Newsletter”