Newsletter Down

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Newsletter Down

Post by barkeraj »

The language problem is something that hadn't trickled down to us. We had the problem on LDS.org in general, but thought we had fixed it. We didn't know it was still happening on newsletter.

The lead dev is aware of it and looking into it. Not sure how much progress there will be over the holidays, but at least we know about it now :)
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I know the people that need to know have checked in, but in addition to the language problem, I can't get photos to upload... This may be a temporary glitch and I will try again in a few hours....
mevans

Post by mevans »

I haven't had a chance to be back on the forum since reporting this. It is working correctly for me now.

I'm glad to hear from barkeraj that they believe the language problem has been solved on lds.org in general. That's encouraging. I think the language problem specifically on the newsletter is pretty recent (and frequent) for me.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I am still getting this when I attempt to add a photo: Cargando, por favor espere.

When I change the language to English, it takes me to something outside of the Newsletter....
eibie

Post by eibie »

I am a new newsletter editor and have trying off and on for last 3 days to get photos to load without success. Also the Admin button gives an error every time I try to use it so unable to add new categories etc. It may be my inexperience but I am thinking that it is the system. I will keep trying when I have time.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just got smart and decided to change browsers... The result... EVERYTHING works great on Chrome and Safari, including language and uploading photos.... But still see Spanish on Firefox and no uploading.....
jarvist

Re: Newsletter Down (and language problem)

Post by jarvist »

Although the basic newsletter site is working, I still get this error when I click on the "Admin" link:

An error has occurred. Please try your request again or return to the homepage.

I also have trouble with the wrong language coming up in Newsletter only. When I click on any link to "Newsletter" (whether from the dropdown tools menu, or from the all-tools page (https://www.lds.org/tools?lang=eng), I get the directed to the PORTUGUESE version of the newsletter https://www.lds.org/member-news?lang=por

My account settings have English as my preferred language, and ALL other links I have clicked on leave me in English.

Of course I can still get to the English site by editing the url to lang=eng.

p.s. If I click on the "Admin" link in the portuguese version of the site I also get the error:
Houve um erro. Por favor, tente seu pedido novamente ou volte para a página principal.
Last edited by jarvist on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarvist

Re: Newsletter Down (and language problem)

Post by jarvist »

So I seem to have fixed the Portuguese problem by clearing my cache (Safari).

But the error at the Admin link is still happening (in both Firefox and Safari).
mevans

Post by mevans »

barkeraj indicated that (response #11) indicated that they are now aware of the language problem, but that it might not get fixed over the holidays.

I haven't had cause to click on the Admin link in our Newsletter for a while. I just clicked on it and can confirm that I get the same error as reported by jarvist.
eibie

Post by eibie »

Uploading pictures works fine since I switched browsers, thanks zaneclark. I still have not been able to use the Admin to edit newsletter categories, I keep getting the same old:
"An error has occurred. Please try your request again or return to the homepage."
We would like to be able to add two new categories for our two new newsletter editors.

Return to “Newsletter”